Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

The waiting game!!

Went for my 40 week scan on the 4th and the midwife performed a sweep, she says I'm 1-2cm dilated already and she was 90% sure I'd have the baby by the weekend. Just after the sweep I had bad back pain and terrible period pain and I was really happy it might be the start of something. However, since Wednesday I haven't felt any more pains anywhere and it's got me really fed up :/ it's nearly the weekend and I don't have any signs!!! image This afternoon as I was stood up the bottom of my belly felt quite flabby and droopy is this normal because I'm getting myself worked up now?

Replies

• Good luck hun won't b long now xx

• i had sweeps with my 2nd and im sorry to say they didnt work i wasnt over due though so that could be a factor.

you will have your bundle soon. big hugs

xx

• thanks ladies, still not had anything apart from tightenings. been in slow labour for a whole week now. bit annoying and im getting impatient now haha I just want to see what she looks like!!

• Good luck hun, any news?

• Still not had the little madam yet, feeling very different tonight though, like I need a poo (sorry if tmi) so we'll see. If nothing happens tonight my midwife is coming to mine to give me a third sweep tomorrow afternoon xxx