Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Uterus after c-sec

Hiya I'm 5 weeks pp and would have thought my uterus would have shrunk by now. It's still just below my belly button and is rock solid. Scars healing nicely am still a little sore sometimes and still bleeding but can't imagine I'd have an infection after having 4 courses of antibiotics since I left hospital! I was expecting to have a little fat pooch belly after my c-sec but not a rock solid prego belly! X

Replies

• I cant remember how long it took but what I do remember is I had my daughter in her pram in sports direct and the shop assistant asked me when I was due. My DD was 2months old I just cried lol. image
  • Hi. If it's hard you need to get it checked out.

Hardness can be infection or residual bruising. Have you been getting enough rest? Healing takes a lot longer if you've had infections and antibiotics.

Also if you are beeastfeeding that will help but equally it can zap your energy too.

I would try to get some rest and drink plenty of water to flush everything out. But do make sure you see the gp or health visitor. If thy are unsure you can try th hospital.

My c section was a long recovery and I didn't feel like me until about 10 weeks although is had a shocking labour and been ill to begin with. But everyone is different.

Really try to get some rest if you have anyone to help out even whilst you just have one nap.
  • Hey hun it's still rock solid and a bit sore but doctor had a feel and said it feels fine and is probably scar tissue and that It will take a long time to heal. Have stopped bleeding now at least. Not getting any rest lol Lexie isnt sleeping well only managed about 4 hours sleep last few nights x