Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

VBAC: anyone used water?

Hi I have my birth options clinic next week and we are desperate to use water. We are going to discuss how this impacts continuous monitoring etc but I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has done it. Did the water help and how often were you disturbed or had to get out for monitoring?

Replies

• Well our hospital has 4 underwater telemetry systems so we can be continuously monitored throughout. image

The only catch is I can't have the cannula in but I wasn't exactly up for that anyway. I've agreed to have it if anything changes though.
  • Wow thats lucky. When I tried for a vbac 6yrs ago, nearly 7, there was nothing like that on offer. It was in obstetrics and a pain in the butt as had to hold the fetal monitor belt in place bending over a bed for support. congratulations lol xx
  • Yes Sam it's a new thing. I had to be monitored last time and it ruled out water.

They got one just six months ago but it's been broken a lot. They now have three new ones (different brand) on order for end of next month. image

Ultimately it's our choice though. If we understand the risks we can make our own choices. image