Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Retained placenta?

Just wondered if anyone has experience of this? GP had referred me for a scan to see if anything has been left behind as bled till just over 7 weeks then started what I thought was my period at 9 weeks but at almost 11 weeks am still pouring with blood image waiting for a call back from the hospital x

Replies

• Options

Hi hun , sorry to hear you're still having a rough time , my friend had a retained placenta , ( home birth ) she was wandering around feeling abit weird ,(like loopy ) !!  so they took her in n she had the tiniest piece left inside , removed it n she was fine then , I bled with my 1st for 7 weeks too n 6 or so with subsequent ones , but then didn't have a period for 7 months or so - exclusively breastfeeding can do that though I think , so I had the opposite problem thinking I was pregnant every month , have you gone back on bc ? I bled for weeks when I went back on mini pill for weeks , hope you get it sorted n don't have to wait too long for your appointment x x     

• Options
    Might explain yr long recoverry. Hope not though. Fingers crossed u get sorted soon one way or the other xx
  • Options

Thanks yeah I'm back on the pill so that might be it. Haven't bled yet today but am cramping quite bad. We go to blackpool for a week on Monday so hope they can see me before then x

• Options

Well I am pouring blood again and in agony, hoping to hear from hosp tomoz x

• Options
    A friend of mine had a uterus infection. They scanned for retained placenta but found it had all gone. She was in and out of hospital a few times on an iv of antibiotics.

She went straight to a&e so might be worth while. Fc it gets sorted soon.
  • Options
    Aww I hope yr okay xxx
  • Options

Finally got an app for Friday afternoon hopefully it's not bad news, dont want out first family holiday spoiling :/ x

• Options

Will keep everything crossed for you hun , could be an infection like gp said , n antibiotics will sort it out , not too long to wait for appointment , a friend of mine had 4 c.sections n had a bad infection with the last , hope you're ok x x 

• Options

Can't believe ur almost 31 weeks! Time sure does fly x

• Options

I know - neither can I , 31 weeks today , couldn't change the silly ticker ! if my others are anything to go might only have only 8 weeks to go ..... how are you feeling today , hope the loss is less ? who'd be a woman eh ! like I was saying to my friend the other day though , we get up n about too soon sometimes , n especially after a c. section , I bet you haven't taken it as easy as you would have liked with 2 lo's to look after . good luck with your appointment tomorrow x x 

• Options

oh hun that sucks!! let us know how it goes xx

• Options

Thanks ladies, I'm going in a couple of hours fingers crossed its nothing or just something antibiotics will clear up x

• Options

Well sat all afternoon and no one even bothered to see me so had to leave as ran out of money on parking and had to get the girls. Gotta go back on Monday 28th if still bleeding! W@nkers were all sat around the reception desk eating doughnuts and playing on their phones. Fuming is not the word! X

• Options
    Omg, thats terrible. Something should be done about hospital parking. In some hospitals the wards can phone the car park attendants and make arrangements to extend yr parking. They can in mine, I know a hospital car park person.

Hope you get sorted out soon. X
  • Options

That's typical of some hospitals isn't it , I parked in the half hour drop off the other week for dd's appointment , was there for 35 mins n got a ticket warning me that if I parked there again for over the time I would incur a fine of 40 quid !! fair enough , but the car that was there when we got there was still there n that car didn't have a ticket !! ?

But that aside , that's rubbish !! did they give a reason why they didn't see you , so sorry you have to go back again , hope you can enjoy your holiday hun , n the bleeding eases for you x x 

• Options

They said I didn't actually have an appointment. Apparently (and this is one if the best excuses I've heard) they didn't know Good Friday was a bank holiday when they gave the doctors an app for me. So rather than  cancel my app they tried to get me in with an on call doc but didn't tell me any of this till id been sat there 2 hours. I'm still bleeding bright red blood for about 10-12 hours a day but it does feel like it's getting lighter. Today is day 18 of my "period" if that's what it is. Heaven knows wots goin on inside me x

• Options

Sorry you're going through this lh, I can't believe your hospital treated U like that. Could U show up at a&e? If you're bleeding lots it must be worrying. Hope U get some help and answers soon xxx

• Options

Thanks hun it's deffo not as bad as it was so really hoping it's just  my wound healing but something is telling me something is wrong. I don't think they'd do much at a n e as I'd need to be scanned and I don't think our hospitals offer scans at short notice unless it's life threatening. I might call that 111 number if it gets worse they might be able to help x

• Options

Well am on holiday in blackpool n feeling totally bob. Constant period pain and a steady flow of bleeding for 20 days now and TMI it smells like rotten meat so really thinking they've left something behind image roll on Monday x

• Options

Hiya , can't believe you're still not right  , can you go to the gp there as a visitor - might be more help than you've had so far ..? n if it's smelling funny sounds like there could be an infection , is the wound looking ok or angry n weeping ? I would def ring the 111 number , must be driving you mad n such a shame it's spoiling your holiday , good luck , keep us posted x x