Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Haematoma Terror and the Episiotomy that wont heal!!

I suffered with a massive haematoma and blood loss plus clots that remained undiscovered by midwives for 12 hours after my birth even though I was explaining how swollen I was down and showing them my bed pan  there they said...oooh that's normal!!

This was my first child but I knew that was not normal!!

huh I then had to visit theatre 12 o clock at night to have my Labia drained the Haematoma stretched from the front of my right labia to my buttock which was full of blood it was like half the size of a rugby ball!

The midwife wouldn't have seen the haematoma at all if I was able to wee that was the only reason they looked...the aftercare was disgraceful and I am writing a letter of complaint!!

Top it off it been 6 weeks nw after birth and my episiotomy/extra cut from surgey?? who knows, still hasn't healed and I have an infection...lovely!!

Has anyone had anything similar? 

But...my little girl is worth this pain 10 times over!

Replies

• Options

Bless u hun kinda feel ur pain I had planned c sec, within 4 hours had temp of 40 degrees n racing heart rate and almost passing out so put on anti bs, left in recovery for a further 7 hours with very little offer of water or pain relief and no food. 6 blood tests later and veins collapsing they finally move me to a delivery suite as too poorly for ward, tell me I'm infected but they duno if it's my wound or my blood. Anyway fast forward 6 weeks, 4 more courses of anti bs and a months worth of iron tabs n diclofenac and im still bleeding and tummy rock solid looking about 20 weeks preg. Bleeding stops at 7 weeks. 9 weeks start pouring heavy red blood, 11 weeks still pouring with blood and feeling faint and weak so book hosp app for Good Friday. Wait all afternoon then get told they didn't realise it was a bank holiday so no docs available so I walk out in a huff.

Go on holiday to blackpool and come home early as bleeding gets very heavy and painful and very smelly n gunky,last Friday was almost admitted to hosp but instead doctor put me on 2 more courses of cefalexin and metronidazole and immediately started passing clots and pieces of tissue. Bleeding stopped today (12+5 pp) and a scan yesterday showed no cause of bleeding so must have been an infection and that the reason for my big swollen belly us a 5x5 haematoma infront of my womb where my stitches inside have burst and rather than bleeding inside womb have bled outside and clotted. Checking my notes it appears I was delivered by a trainee but I wasn't told this at the time so not best pleased. Got another 2 hospital visits in the next 2 weeks to see what the crack is with this blood clot. My girl is so worth it tho I agree with u there xx

• Options
    I think you should take legal action over this. I don't normally think that way but no way should you still be infected this long after. Just consider it, if you have a case, you could put the money aside and take yr wee one to euro disney or something when she's older. X