Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Any tips for an elective c section?

So I've gone thorough the emergency c section and long labour but this time it appears we will have a planned one this time for medical reasons. This is new and I know waiting around in hospital will be different and also we should have the opportunity to plan some support at home afterwards. Does anybody have any advice on what I could set up or do to make things go smoothly? So far I've thought of: Freezing some meals Bringing headphones for theatre Big pants and soft high leggings Trying to arrange some feeding support (I seem to remember no labour can interfere?) Maybe hire a temporary cleanerimage

Replies

• I like the temporary cleaner idea. Hehe image xx
  • Me too. That's got to be on the list right? image

I'm wondering if here's anything I should prepare for. The nhs and NCT websites suggest that you are sometimes given antibiotics and antacids beforehand and an antibacterial wash. Not sure what our trust does specifically.

I just want to be prepared but hopefully I can ask some more questions when/if we get our diagnosis for sure.