Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Feeling fed up :( and in pain

Im in so much pain image The Midwife came over earlier and had a look at my stitchings, she has confirmed some has came undone so i have a open wound but she cant stitch it because of the infection. If she did the infection would re-open it. Shes told me to rest on my other side and try and get air to it for a while every day and it could take 2-3 weeks to heel image i know i only started taking the antibiotics yesterday but they really feel like there not working!! I let air get to it earlier and it dried it out a little and just made it more sore and then my pad got stuck to it earlier which now hurts even more image My boyfriends not helping either as he's saying he's doing everything for Sienna-Lily which is half true but I'm trying my best to help out as much as possible but the pain is taking over it and its like he thinks I'm making it all up. I no its easy to argue when something big like this happens but he's not helping at all and making me feel like I'm being a crap mum! Ive told him you think of a open wound on your willy and then think of the pain you be in lol. Ive got Sienna with me now as I've came to bed and shes in her moses next to me and I've brought everything i need up for her so i am trying. I cant wait to be better!! Sorry for the longness of this i just needed to get it all out xx

Replies

• Awww hun, that sounds really rubbish image x x x hope you feel better soon x x x x

• Thank you hun. I really hope so too xxx
  • Ouch. You poor thing. I hope the infection clears up soon.

As for your oh, I guess it's all new to him as well and I'm sure he's not being intentionally insensitive. Has he seen how bad it is? Maybe you need to let him have a look so he realises just how painful it is.

You're a new mum not a bad mum and he's a new dad. It's a very emotional time filled with lots of learning (quickly).

I hope you feel better soon. Maybe remind oh what you've been through and tell him you appreciate him doing a bit more whilst you recover.
  • Sorry to hear you're feeling so pants hun , bad enough the usual after effects of having a baby without all the pain you're in , I had an episiotomy n lots of stitches with my 1st - was more painful than the birth itself I think ! n took several weeks to recover , 

Hope oh is ok , it's his job to look after you after such an intense experience , n as gp says you are both learning , you will be fine just be gentle with yourself n each other , think they had something in my mums day when women were encouraged to stay in bed or at least the house for 10 days , you need time to recover , 

We are here for you whenever you need to rant or whatever x x x