Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Recovery after a C section

Hi ladies,

My little boy is still breech so the hospital advised me to have a c section. I'm booked in for Thursday next week and I'm a bit scared of the unknown. Would you mind sharing your stories? How long did it take you to recover? Were you able to breastfeed? How long did you have to stay in the hospital for? Any advice will be much appreciated!

Thank you xx

Replies

• Options
    Just replied to your other post. Good luck xxx
  • Options
    I had an emergency c section at 38 weeks due to placenta abruption..I got kept in hospital for 2days and was aloud home although the recovery lasted longer! Found it hard to walk for at least 3 weeks the pain is horrendous I advise on plenty of rest and a hot water bottle
  • Options

I had C section on my first delivery but it was complicated and the pain was beyond words. I was unable to walk for more than 3 months. After few months of the surgery, we found that there was a mistake happened during the surgery. We had to consult a lawyer from Sommers and Roth in Toronto and he said that it was not a medical malpractice but still possible to get claims and compensation. Anyway, still I have to suffer a lot of pain while lifting objects.