Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

OMG I'm having a baby next week!

Hi ladies, I just can't believe I'm having a baby next week! It sounds really stupid as this pregnancy seems to have lasted forever but all of a sudden it's almost here! Think it feels unreal as my other two were both so late but this time I know exactly what date I'll meet my little man and it's a week earlier than expected! Just doesn't feel real without all the waiting and wondering lol! Hope you're all doing well. Looking forward to hearing some birth stories very soon xxx

Replies

• Options
    I feel lile my whole pregnancy has flown over but now these last few weeks are dragging over! I wish I knew what day we could meet little one! Only 23 days until due date hope don't go 2 weeks over! Good luck to you!! X
  • Options

Good luck to both of you, wish you and your babies good health,♥

Were still ttc send me some of your dust haha baby dust to all ♥

• Options
    Good luck for when the big day arrives image my due dates this saturday the 4th and it defo feels like the last couple of days are dragging in image lol starting to get twinges but not much everytime i get cramping im like a kid in a sweet shop all excited then BOOM everything suddenly stops so heres hoping my little guys gonna make an appearance very soon image all the best girls xxx
  • Options
    It's crazy it is so close for us all! Wednesday is d day for me to find out about the inducement image can't wait under a week to go now and il have a better idea of what's going on! Hoping they stick to there side and get me in as they have bumped me with steroids since 32 weeks il be having a monster lol xxx
  • Options

Hello all. Just popping by to say 'wow' at how fast the time has gone! And to wish you all the most fantastically happy (and easy!) labours.

And please do come back and tell us your birth stories and show us some pics of your newborns. We've made sure we've got a good supply of Kleenex to hand...

• Options

Can't believe how close we are, although I've feeling that this little one is gonna keep me waiting till November!!

• Options
    Oh babes I hope not! I hope we all go with in a few days of each other our baby boom xx
  • Options
    Evening ladies well im still pregnant il be 40 weeks tomor ive had my 2nd sweep yesterday from the midwife and started to get really mild cramps but they come and they go though hoping and praying they get stronger soon i even went out and bought a gym/birthing ball today think ive used it more as a leg rest than what its actually used for haha anyhoo im off to the land of nod need to catch up on my beauty sleep lol nighty night girlies hope your all well xx
  • Options

I'd rather he came sooner than Nov (just so it's a bit further away from Christmas) but I'm having a home birth with no interventions so instead of thinking about baby arriving by a deadline date I've been thinking of him arriving within a 6 week window (3 weeks before & 3 weeks after my supposed due date) & as I'm now 1/2 a week into that window I'm ok. I'm only really feeling tired, I guess if I was feeling ill I'd want to speed that up.

Shaz hope your sweep works for you

• Options
    Thanks Blackkat na none of the sweeps worked for me ;-( ive to go back on thursday for a 3rd sweep but i aint impressed though because my body is in so much pain i just want to get it all over and done with now. So heres hoping soon image hope all is well girls xx
  • Options
    This probs sounds really stupid but I havent got a clue! Do they only offer you a sweep if you go over due date or can they do them before? X
  • Options
    I got 2 sweeps before my 40th week i didnt ask for them i got offered them didnt want to knock them back every little helps and all that lol xx
  • Options
    It must depend on your midwife as I've never been offered a sweep before my due date (my 1st and 2nd were both 2 weeks late)! I thought they were usually done when you were overdue...bonus for you Shaz image
  • Options

Exciting Jaimep! May see you in Jessops image I'm still pregnant after getting all excited last week image 6 days till due date xxx

• Options
    So its not normal to be offered before 40 weeks jheezo i am lucky lol i didnt even no what a sweep was untill last year when my partners sister got 3 of them lol + wi my first baby membrane sweeps werent about although that was 8 years ago so that probs explains it lol anyhoo jaimep how long to go now xx
  • Options

With my 1st I was offered a sweep at 40+2 but I've heard it's unusual to get offered 1 before that. I also heard that they wait till later to offer for a subsequent pregnancy. The thing is you never know if a sweep actually helped or if you'd have gone into labour naturally anyway. Hope you can find someway to get comfortable x

• Options
    4 more sleeps for me...getting mega excited now! Ooh exciting charleymoo, would be great to see you in Jessops xx
  • Options

2 days to go till i find out about induction!!!!! whoop whoop come on little one i want to give you a cuddle now xx

• Options
    Aww good luck girls! I'm fed up now just want her here for a cuddle! Suppose she will come when she is ready! X
  • Options

You done yet Jaime? x