Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Going for a sweep tomoz!

Hi ladies I'm 38 weeks tomoz and going for a sweep, this is baby number 2 for me and I was wondering how many people have had a sweep and it's worked? With my son I had 2 done and the second one seemed to kick things off but still ended up have a drip. I'm booked in for inducement on the 20th of October when il be 38+6. Iv been drink raspberry leaf tea not sure if iv left it to late for it tho to help soften the cervix, is there any thing else I could try after the sweep to get things going?? Would really like to go natural with out the inducement xxx

Replies

• Options
    Hi Sarah

Good luck with the sweep tomorrow hopefully will get things moving for you.

I'm suffering terribly with hip pain image also 38 weeks tomorrow hoping this little one isint late xx
  • Options
    Oh babes image I know iv only got a week to go max as I'm booked in for inducement next Monday, this little one has really tested us this time round will be happy when his here.

How are you doing apart from the hip pain? Have they given u a support band?? And iv read with hip pain to bounce on one of those birthing balls can help xxx
  • Options
    No support band. My community midwife that I see isint very good at all.

I did have sn appointment to see her week today so I'll be nearly 39 weeks butshe cancelled it till 27th day before my due date. Ridiculous considering this is my first baby and a little nervous.

Ahh I bet your well excited!! At least you no that baby will be here next week image xx
  • Options
    Good luck today hun. Fingers crossed it works for you xxx
  • Options
    Lottie try not to worry I know it might sound daft but just relax and listen to your bodyimage and I know what u mean about rubbish midwifes! Iv gone through hell with mine it's really taken it out of us this time round but the end is in sight for us all huni xxx

Thank you Jamiep! I'm really hoping it does some thingimage xxx
  • Options
    Good luck girls x
  • Options
    Sweep done....ouch

I'm 1-2cm but she said its normal for someone who's had a baby before, she said she could feel babies head so it's in the right place lol booked in for another sweep Thursday night xxx
  • Options

Hi sarah rowland2. I remember those sweeps well! Really hope they get things moving for you soon, otherwise let us know what happens after Thursday. Fingers crossed!

• Options
    Can I ask for some info???

Had the sweep done and I popped a pad on just incase and iv just been for a wee and there's like blood stained on the pad!

Freaking out a little bit here!!

Is it normal??? Never had a bleed after the sweeps with my first child xxx