Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Caster oil??

Anyone tried this and it worked. Have read so many reviews - also my mother in law took it when she was over due with my husband xx

Replies

• My auntie took it and all it done was upset her stomach! Don't really fancy going into labour with an upset stomach! X
  • Apparently it gives you a really upset stomach. It can also cause the baby distress causing them to poo. My baby got distressed while I was in labour and was kept in special care for monitoring as she inhaled meconium. I wouldn't take the risk personally. Both of my girls were born late and nothing worked until my 3rd sweep. Hope you haven't got much longer to wait until your lol makes an appearance x
  • Bizarrely a lot of ladies are currently discussing this on my home birth forum, nearly everyone has said the same, it sounds like it sounds like it doesn't work, just gives you a bad tummy (which no one wants whilst in labour!!) & can also distress the baby. Hope it's not much longer for you.

• I'm in too minds to take it.

My husbands family are saying they all used it and they were fine so I really don't know.

I have a sweep booked in for week on Monday when I'll be 6 days over due xx
  • Had the most weird feeling in the night though my whole tubby hurt for ages like really hurt don't know what this could have been xx
  • Personally I would wait for your sweep now but it's got to be your choice. No idea about the tummy pain, it's weird to say this but actually I hope this is a good sign of things starting naturally for you. Good luck x

• Hi ladies..

Well I took the caster oil last night and this morning and nothing really. Had abit of a bad tummy at 4pm today but that's it. No cramping. No pIns and no contractions ... Just quite frequent braxton hicks x