Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

PLEASE GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE AND GUIDANCE

So I began having consistent contractions on Thursday (18th) at 1110 and they were 4-10 min apart and lasting 20-65 seconds. They picked up around 1300 and were 2-5 minutes apart lasting 90-3.5 minutes. The contractions stayed consistent until I felt like I had to push around 2100 and then became too exhausted and wanted to rest at 0200 On Friday (19th). My husband checked my cervix and I felt 80% and almost 4cm.

(Now he isn't a medical professional, however we were curious and didn't want to rush to the hospital without reason or cause. My water hadn't broken to my knowledge but lost my mucus plug.)

I woke up at 0615 and my labor support team was still sleeping. I relaxed and walked around my house and contractions were again. 4-10 minute apart and lasting 45-90 until 1530 when they became consistently 1-5 minutes apart. They were lasting between 90 seconds-4 minutes. I felt the urge to push again around 1830 and became extremely stressed out because my husband took my pulse instead of the baby's and said 82 and I mentally/emotionally lost it. Rechecked and it was 147 so there were no issues there. 

Decided to rest at 2130 and woke up today (20th) at 0800 to a small amount of Braxton Hicks and things have been very slow due to my own stress and things around me. I just began contractions again starting at 1430 and they are about 6-10 minutes apart (very strong though) and lasting only 20-60 seconds.

That is my current story and I've tried to get ahold of my doctor but APPARENTLY the number is not working (have had an awful experience with this doctor). Does anyone have any input of what I should do or how I should handle myself today? I'm becoming very discouraged and not to mention exhausted. Is this real labor?