Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

40+3 and no Braxton Hicks or signs labour is close...

I am now overdue with my first baby.. I had a sweep last week which did nothing and have another booked for Friday. 

All through my pregnancy, I have not had any Braxton Hicks or twinges etc.. Do you think this means I am more likely to be induced?

Has anyone gone into labour naturally with also having had no BH?

Replies

• Hi I was the same, sweeps did nothing! Had a braxton hicks but they wasnt painful, just felt like my belly was tight for a few seconds! I was induced early for preeclampsia and had him 4 days early. While being induced they use a bishop chart to asses your cervix for your waters breaking, my cervix was high hard and anterior, so as far from favourable as you can get! So I would have gone over due for sure! What did midwife say about your cervix When she did a sweep? If you don't know it will be in your maternity notes image get walking and bouncing on a birthing ball lol my little one is 17months old now, feels like a life time ago that I gave birth lol

• Gen3, how you doing today?

• Awww Still nothing today! I have another sweep booked tomorrow so hopefully that will work, last time she did say my cervix was low, soft and 1cm dilated so I am hoping I will have progressed some more and this time it will work! image

• It's all gone quiet Gen3 - have you had the baby?? We hope you're ok!

• Hello image

Yes she has arrived, I went into labour at 3am Saturday morning, 30 hours later and 8cm dilated I was taken for an emergency c section, she was born 10am Sunday image she was a whopper at 9lb5 lol..

We have named her Ivy Rose. Xx

• Oh Gen3 - awesome news! Congratulations a million times over! And yes, Ivy Rose was indeed a bigun! Do post a photo when you get the chance! And congrats again!