Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

40+3 mucus plug gone & strong braxston hicks

Hi ladies, I was wondering if you could help me please.this is my 2nd pregnancy.i have a daughter whos nearly 4 & she came at 39+2 days so this is the longest ive gone & now im overdue.i was due friday 6th of march with a little boy.hes still not here yet.on friday afternoon I started to lose my mucus plug & that finally finished on sunday afternoon. I get daily braxston hicks. Some more intense than others.they can come for a period of 6 hours and then they stop again.im very sensitive down below but im just curious if anyone else has experienced this & when will my labour start? My daughter was an 18 hour labour in total.fairly smooth so im surprised how different it is this time round.look forward to hearing from you. Many thanks kim image

Replies

• Options

Could be early labour, unfortunately it can last days! But definatly sounds like your body is gearing up ready for the big day! 

Unfortantly I have no idea when you will go into labour but good luck!! not long now image

x

• Options

Unfortunately no one can tell you when you'll go into labour - your body will when you are ready! I lost my mucus plug at 36 weeks but it was another week and a half before I went into proper labour and then it was 3 days before DD arrived. That was with daily braxton hicks. 

Sorry i I can't be more useful but it really is a case of having to just wait and see!