Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Having a C Section, what should I take to hospital with me for a two day stay!!

Hey everyone, I have a c section booked in for Thursday 21st may , I was wondering if there is anything hospitals don't tell mums to be to bring that you really needed for your stay, please help , having freak out lol , all comments will be appreciated!

thanks

Replies

• I can run off a few things for you, I'm sure others will add to it! image

for you- mini toiletrys(takes up less space in your case),towels,2 nightgowns,slippers,high waisted knickers and a lot of them as you'll use at least 6 a day, maternity sanitary towels,few pairs of socks, wireless bra, loose comfy clothes to go home in, again high wasisted.

for baby- 8 vests, 8 sleep suits, mittens and hats, pack of nappys, cotton wool balls. Pack 2 bags for baby and leave one at home so if you need to stay longer your partner can just grab it if you need it when he pops home image

good luck!

• Oh and check with your hospital if your not Brestfeeding to see if you need to bring your own bottles and formula image

• Thanks very much everyone, of to get more underwear for me then lol xx

• Hi lou90,  just wanted to send you warm wishes for Thursday xxx 

• Yeah I packed 6 pairs, had to send my mum to asda to buy more lol best to pack plenty, the maternity disposable knickers are good too for when your bleeding heavy, you can just rip them off and bin em image

• Thanks for your support, yea I have disposable but thinking I'll need more now lol may have to send my mum too lol god it's coming round fast , thanks again xx

• All the best for today, I had a c section last October and found bleeding was not too bad, make sure you have some yummy treats in your bag for after the c section....hospital food is not the best ???? another good one is eye mask and ear plugs! If your not lucky enough to have your own room....Some time a ward of 4 to 6 beds of other people crying and screaming babies and mums snoring all night might just get to you ???? I didn't think I'd use mine but was surprised how much I used them hahaha 

All the best and enjoy xxx

• All the best for today, Lou90! Do please come back and tell us all about it!

• Oh yes ear plugs!!! Good call Sarah!

i was on ward waiting to be induced for a few days, has women been induced so had them screaming all night plus women who already had babies crying all night lol was hard to sleep even with eat plugs, good luck today! Hope it goes quickly for you xx

• Post deleted by MadeForMums.
    Here's a link to our Chat Guidelines.