Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Timing of 2nd labours

Just a general ponding. With Isobelle my waters went at 11pm & she arrived at 4am. Would love another evening/night labour (don't need to sort out childcare then!!)

Just wondered if there is any pattern to the time you'd laboured if you laboured more than once?

Replies

• Options

R's labour was a slow build up, very mild cramps becoming more regular through the day, proper contractions started about 7pm, she was born at 430am, waters didn't go until very shortly before she was born though.

O's was very different, waters went as I got out of bed at 930am, contractions then started and she was born 4 hours later at 125pm.

This time I'd be happy with something between the 2!

• Options
    Both of mine were born on a Sunday late afternoon and evening. First contraction at 11am with Isla she was born at 4.14 that afternoon.

With maya I had my first contraction at 7pm and she was born at 11.11 that evening.
  • Options

With O 1st contraction (immediately strong ones) was 6 am, waters didn't break until I was pushing, born 8.37 am.

With A I had v mild contractions start around 10pm, ramped up and based on previous labour went in around 3.30am. Was 1cm *sob*. Sent home only to leave home 25 mins after arriving, waters went in car, was fully dilated on arrival and he was born at 5.53am.

• Options

N- waters broke at 2am, contractions started at 3am and he arrived at 2pm after 11 hours of intense contractions (found the whole thing awful if I'm honest).

T - contractions started at 9am and were on and off til 2am when we went into hospital where they tailed off again. Started again around 2pm and he was finally born at 5am, so 2 days later! Haemorrhaged after both and had to stay in hospital. I'm not doing it again!

• Options

Thanks for sharing, quite a few overnight/1st thing in the morning births so fingers crossed I get an overnight birth.

LLL: I didn't realise how horrendous your experiences were, can understand why you wouldn't want to do it again. How's it going with 2? x