Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Help! Sign of early labour

Currently 30w+2 days pregnant and have experienced diarrhoea the night before last and was currently sick yersterday morning all through yersterday I had on off pain but this mornings I have woke up with very bad belly cramps a little worse theb period pains comes and goes. Is this a sign of early labour?? 

Replies

• You need to contact your midwife, it could be braxton hicks but you should get checked out just incase. Baby would still need help now if you were to go into labour before 37 weeks.

lets hope it's a false alarm, let me know how you get on image xx

• Haven't had chance to ring midwife yet with no credit. Diarherra has stopped but periods pains haven't and lost brown glueing cheap yersterday. But baby moving find. 

• How you doing? Did you contact midwife? Hope you and bump are ok image x

• My diharrea has stoped but belly cramps still going on! Today not been so bad a little bit of belly cramp but is cureently having a little brown discharge and really bad heartburn. do you think the brown discharge is a early sign? I'm now 31weeks 

• You seriously need to get seen, I would have gone to hospital by now if I was you. It's too early to have baby so if it's a sign of things to come then you need to inform your midwife, or go to your local maternity unit if you have no credit.

its not worth ignoring in my opinion Hun, go get seen to be on the safe side image x

• I had phone a few days ago and midwife from the hospital just said to time the cramps! But if I lose anymore brown discharge will ring maternity ward I just hate ringing all the time! 

• I know it's bad isn't it, I went in a few times to get checked and rang a fair few times, I felt like a nag lol

id ring again and just ask to go get checked out, tell them your worried. For sake of a couple of hours it may put your mind at ease, they will take your bp,test your urine, monitor baby and probably do a speculem to look at your cervix, at end if the day it's there duty to make sure you and baby are safe and happy. They can't turn you away if you insist you want to be seen image 

think I went in about 6 times in total so dont feel bad lol peace of mind is worth so much more xx

• Did you tell them your only 31 weeks???? I can't believe they didn't ask you to go in, that's so bad. Is it your first? X

• Yeah and it my first xx