Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Recommendations to help bring on labour

Hi just needing a bit of advice! I will be 37weeks tomorrow(29/8) and for the past few days I've been getting pains ect so called the hospital last night and the MW told me it sounds like the start of labour and that I was just to take paracetamol and go for a bath then see how I feel over the course of the night and today! But I was warned that it could stop😔 Pains went away last night but I've been getting the odd niggle every now and then(nothing worth calling MW about) anyways to keep a long story short can I try things to help bring it on? And if so what do you girls reccomentd? This is my second pregnancy! I did go 11days over due with my first👎

Replies

• Hi, 37 weeks is a tad early but when you get closer try a warm bath then sex sex and more sex!  Theory goes that the hormone in hubbys contribution ( when left on the cervix ) can assist it to soften and the stimulation can bring on contractions 

It's worked for us twice but its been on due date, all it gave me before was braxton hicks .

With our last child I woke up the morning of due date with broken waters! My m/w recommended it and also pointed out it can't do any harm and is fun lol

• Thank you honey! I know 37 is a bit early but was hoping to try something to help get things going but I've tried loads of stuff so I'm just going to wait till my due date(16days to go) and if nothing has happened by then I will try that and a few other things lol x