Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Weight loss before birth...Pregnancy diabetes baby number 3

so heres my question...

how many ladies lost weight before labour and how how soon did it start after you lost weight? 

My back ground 3rd pregnancy, 33 weeks but I have picked up pregnancy diabetes this time round, and iv lost 2.5lb since my last weigh in at the clinic, also full of the cold had it for 13 days now! 

I have had a few braxton hicks the last few days and have some sort of discharge going on altho not every time I wipe.

baby is and has been measuring in 4 weeks in front the whole time since 28 weeks...

i have another scan booked for the end of this month just wondering if any of this sounds normal?? 

Replies

• I'm not sure if this is gonna help but your weight can flucuate so one day you could be upto 3lb heavier and then weigh a couple of hours later and be 3lb lighter. I know towards the end of your pregnancy you can loose weight before labour but not all women do hunnie. Hope you start to feel better soon xxxxxx

• As for the Braxtan hicks they say you get them earlier with the more baby's you have I've been getting them from 20 odd weeks unless there is regularity to them and lasting almost a minute it's nothing to worry about hun I was measuring 4 weeks in front with my daughter all through my pregnancy and was borderline diabetic and she was born the day before her due date weighing 6lb 10 oz. Everyone is different though and if you do feel as though things are happening ring your midwife as my first was prem at 33 weeks so go with your instincts xxxxx

• Thanks for the info, all the scans all show his 4 weeks in front they scanned me at 28,30,32 weeks and his above the 90th centile line thingy so I know his going to be big but both his brothers where 8lb odd with out being diabetic, iv never had weight loss with either of my other 2 just weight gain but thinking about it now the last 2 weeks iv had to change my eating habits because of the diabetes lol I really do have baby brain going on tonight lol

cant say iv ever had braxton hicks like this with either of my other 2, they do feel stronger but defo not like labour contraction pains lol 

Think I'm just freaking out a bit as I had PROM at 32 weeks last year with my 2nd little boy and after that it all went bad and his delivery ended in a section after 3 days of failed induction xxxx

• Yeah its crazy how each pregnancy differs hun and could well be the change of eating habits that have done it hun. Your as bad as me nothing ever simple ey I had a prom with my son at 28 weeks and went down hill from there for me too devolved group strep b as they left me so long without waters to a failed induction then for an emergency section born at 33 weeks weighing 3lb 6. Then my 2nd coz of me being borderline diabetic had to have growth scans and was told the same as you baby would be 10 lb plus and was shocked when she came out at 6 lb 10 oz. Then this one I have the other problem 37 weeks and my Lil man's weight has took a nose dive and having to be monitored twice a week and got another scan next Thursday and if his weight hasn't increased enough they will induce me next week. Why can't anything just go smoothly ey? Well hope your ok and try not to stress to much and just take it easy xxxxxx

• Lol yep we have been through it the 2 of us! I had group b last year as well...little man had to have antibiotics before he was allowed home yet I could understand why as he was born via the emergency section...they seemed to be pumping me with them as well for the whole 3 days before the section xx

oh no I hope your scan goes well next week! Keep me posted xxxxxxx

• Aww bless him could have been through you loosing your waters like mine was hun but I thought if we had the antibiotics through drip baby wouldn't need it I've not had my test for it this time round yet so hoping they test before they make a decision about inducing etc. I will hun bit up and down with it all at the moment soon as they mentioned it might be the placenta failing I'm like what you waiting for get him out then why chance it especially when they say it's safer for him to come out than stay in just so confused with it all I just want him safe and in my arms now xxxxx

• I lost weight during my pregnancy with my son, the only extra weight I had was him but none of my own, I too got early Brixton hicks and I ended up going into natural labour at 38 weeks my lo was always measuring 3 weeks a head too 

• Oh my Linz I'd be the same get little one out! seems crazy they are happy to leave it when at the end of the day 37 weeks they class as full term now days! 

iv also not been tested for group b I did ask about it at 28 weeks but they said one week it could be there the next not so better to test just before delivery xxx

• I know hun that's how I feel seems to much if a risk to leave it another week the consultant has already said he would put on more weight out than in so the way I look at it is it's not your baby so who are you to take that risk with him when he's full term and happy for now so get him out before things could get any worse but I'll just keep being monitored and hope that nothing else shows. Oh rite so they test just before now then think they tested me at 36 weeks with my daughter interesting to know though xxxxxx

• That's what my consultant said but I'm going to mention it again at my next appointment il be 35 weeks then just see what she says xxx

• Yeah think I'll ask when I c the consultant after scan Thursday aswell xxxxxx