Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Regular contractions all day but not too painful ?

im 37+5 weeks and all day I've been having contractions they was quite mild but strong enough to wake me up this morning, I've started timing them because they have got worse during the day and a paracetamol and bath hasn't seemed to help .. I would call my midwife but i don't feel like they are painful enough to be labour just really confused they last for about 30-50 seconds and started of 3-4 minutes apart but sometimes closer 🙈 Don't know if I'm in labour or not or are these just regular Braxton hicks? Xx

Replies

• Hiya! With my first I worried how I would know I was in actual labour. I can honestly say I did not feel like I was in real bad unbearable pain at any point (My second hurt like nothing else I've experienced lol)

I can only describe it as period type pain that took my breath away. When walking I would have to pause for a moment before I felt I could continue. If you're regularly contracting (2-3 minutes apart is when they'll tell you to go in) and its increasingly painful then call your labour ward for advice.. Braxton Hicks although uncomfortable shouldn't be too painful.

i was told to go in when I found it unbearable and almost had him at home :p good luck! :)

• Thank you Ive had braxton hicks but they wasn't painful only made my tummy hard but these hurt like period pain when I have them and tummy goes hard I just don't want to go in if its nothing xxx