Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Am I in labour?

Hi I'm 39 weeks + 2 days pregnant & been having this constant back pain for the last hour or so that's just not wanting to go away. My placenta is in front which I'm not sure if instead of having my labour in the front I'm having it in my back ? Could anyone give me advice could this be labour ?

Replies

• I had some back pain during my labour but not until much later. There's a chance you could be in labour soon but you'll just have to see what happens - if you start getting any contractions or not. It could just be the strain on your body of being pregnant. I know that isn't too helpful (sorry!). In my experience it takes a long time to get going so try not to focus on it. Maybe warm up a hot water bottle (just not too hot) and put that on your back for some relief. Good luck!

• Thanks alot alex :( just so soar and sicky and these pains are a killer x

• I was all back pain with one of my labours and was very uncomfortable, but manageable! Me and baby we're back to back,another sign I had was needing to wee all the time then plug came away! Good luck if u are in labour and everything goes well:) x

• See I've been having constant back pain & it's really soar & I have been needing to wee all the time.. Thank you how long was your labour?? And how early where you when you went?x

• My first about 2 hrs then an emergency c section as they found a cyst on my ovary (that went unnoticed on scans) and my bubs couldn't get past the cyst as was as big as his head!!! Would've been fairly quick otherwise! My 2nd was  42 mins and 3rd was 3hrs start to finish:) Beven very lucky! I was a week overdue with my first, day early 2nd and 2wks early with 3rd! 

Can honestly say I was most comfy when on my feet rotating my hips round and round. when waters broke my last son was born in under 8 mins and I knelt up leaning over the back of bed! I cannot stand pain when laying flat it really helped my labours staying active

I wish you lots of luck and a safe delivery when it's time:)