Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Confused!!!

sorry for posting again but I'm really confused  

Today i  went to see my midwife but ended up being seen by someone else.... in my notes she has written in the relation to brim section she has put 'at brim' I'm 38+5 today but at my last appointment my baby's head was 2/5 engaged at 36+4. Does this mean babies head has disengaged???? I've been having pelvic pain and my bump has significantpu 'dropped' but now I'm really worried that my baby is no longer engaged. This is my first baby

Replies

• Hiya, basically it means baby's head is at the brim of your pelvis (an inch or so away from being engaged) don't worry you still have plenty of time for baby to engage! They can pop in and out a bit lol

All mine have engaged really late on so I understand your concern but it's normal X 

• Is there anything I can do to enc her? My bump has 'dropped' so much that it's fonna be by my knees soon! Was also convinced I can feel her in my pelvis. Just don't wanna go ten days over :/ xx