Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

39 weeks labour signs pls help????

Im 39 wks, two nights ago me & partner had sex , in morning I was loosing pinkish blood , that night before bed I had. A really bad stomach like really loose bowels! followed my pains which felt like contractions - they then stopped , yesterday I was loosing pinkish blood again and today I have had to go toilet again really really loose ! Also loosing mucus stringy discharge - could this be a sign labour is on its way ???? Pleas help - my waters broke with my 1st born & had c section so haven't experienced it like this b4 x

Replies

• Hiya! 

Personally I would call your midwife or local delivery unit (triage) to see about the pinkish blood.

it may be nothing to worry about but just to be safe i would definitely get it checked out- also your waters can have a pink tinge to them so it may be that they've broken but are trickling and not gushing if you know what I mean?

It is common for your body to "clear out" just before labour and the mucusy dishcharge sounds like your plug! so could well be a good sign! x