Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help :)

HI everyone,

my baby was due 5 days ago, yesterday I had a failed s&s as the pain was too much, today I'm having what feels like contractions, but I'm not sure if they are just braxtons, i will post a picture of the times I have, can anyone help? The pain is quite intense but hasn't got any worse through the 6 that I have had so far....image

Replies

• I think they need to be at least every 3-5 minutes and they need to be lasting for at least a minute before theyll say to go in to hospital.. If in doubt give your delivery unit a call and see what they suggest but they'll probably tell you have a couple paracetamol and a warm bath and see what happens. Good luck! 

• You may be in early labour but as Stubbornbrit says, they like you to be having regular contractions every 3-5mins & lasting a good 60-90seconds each before you call in. They also want you to be at least 4cm dilated before they consider you in active/established labour (both my girls were born at 41wks so I know it's horrible waiting & guessing)