Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Scared to be induced

Getting induced Thursday and I'm so scared it's makin me ill

All I'm having is my waters broke and maybe the drip but I fear the unknown 

Iv had 2 boys before 1St was a section second was normal 

So I've never been through this 

Anyone else have this done and was panicking in the beginning x

Replies

• Hello Mummyc88 - and please don't panic!

I'm sure some other lovely ladies will be along in a minute to help you out but I wanted to say I was induced with my first baby - and it was all fine. Just a bit slow to get going!

How old are your other two?

• My other two are 10 and 6 

I never thought I wud conceive again so this baby is a miracle baby 

• Hi Mummyc88, I have had 2 girls both born a week overdue. 

Both times I stopped dilating at 8cm so had to have ARM  (waters broken), they simply insert a plastic stick to hook the membrane & then you feel the gush of your waters (2nd time around my body recalled what to do from here ).

I also had the drip with my Eldest as I couldn't feel contractions anymore so they took control with the drip. The only downside to this was it left me bedridden for the rest of my labour as the drip wasn't mobile. Otherwise I noticed no difference. 

I am sure you will be fine tomorrow. Best wishes. X

• I was 2cm day before my due date but I was told this is normal when you've had children before 

I'm still only 2cm and they are goin to break my waters think I'm just scared because that will mean that's it I'm trapped in hospital till baby's here and I'll worry about my other children 

It's not knowing if it will work or not 

Just hope all happens quickly as he's always pushing down x

• I was all but begging them to break my waters 2nd time around as I knew it was happening again (I had stopped at 8cm for 5hrs), once they did agree, wow, my body went into automatic with the contractions. I hope that ARM is all you need too. X

• Wishing you all the best for tomorrow, Mummyc88. Do come back and tell us all about the baby, won't you?

• I will do be alot happier an calmer once he's here image

• Thank u KazzieM fingers crossed x

• Induction is a 'fake' labour so it's always going to be more painful, my induction took 37 minutes (literally from 3cm to a baby in 37 minutes!) but it was awful. It's no more mind over matter than a normal birth, you just have to get through it and think of what you're going to get at the end of it all! Good luck

• Gosh, that was fast, vickyfrank! That must have been quite a shock for your body.

I have to say that my induction took a very slow 17 hours from start to finish, and wasn't any more painful than my other (non-induced) births.

So I guess everyone's experience is different!

• Wow that's fast 

Thank u vickyfrank 

It's all I keep thinking soon I'll have my gorgeous boy in my arms x

• I've been induced with all 4 of my boys! Please don't worry.  They will give you a tablet, then try to burst your waters after the tablet has worked.  After that they will see if labour progresses and if it is slow they will put you on a drip to regulate your contractions. Its slightly more painful as the contractions are induced by the drip but at the end of the day you will have your baby and that's all that matters xx 

• Just to let everyone know baby is here 

Broke my waters at 1:50

Put me on drip at 430

Was more painful than normal delivery but 

11:26 he was born natural and weight 9lb 15 

X

• Thats great news glad it all went ok!

• Ah sorry to jump in the post so late! Congrats im glad you have a beautiful healthy little boy! I feel your pain of induction i am due to go onto hospital Sunday night for 2 pessaries and then will be wisked off to labour ward first thing in the morning to be put on the hormone drip and have my waters broken and i am absolutely bricking it! Trying everything i can to get my son on the move but he's happily wedged in there! Lunges, squats, pineapple all sorts! Kind of hoping he will come on his own starting to believe its like a little man cave in there with wifi access and everything cos he just does not want to come out! Im a ftm and wasn't scared of normal deliever and labour but the thought of forced is making me want to pee myself! Was nice to hear other peoples experiences! 

• Hello hun 

Thank you 

I'm going to be honest with you it's more uncomfortable than normal labour but that's it I was same hun so don't worry it's all normal feelings I wasn't allowed the pessary due to avin a cesarean 10 years ago which I felt was ridiculous 

I did everything aswell even hoover the stairs and mop everywhere bounce on me ball but nothing I had my waters broke 2 hrs later on the drip after 7 hours my gorgeous boy was here 

Yet just found out expecting number 4 

I'll wish u all the luck hun will b fine if I can do it u can xx