Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Would you wear make-up while you're giving birth?

Hello

We've just seen a quote Kim Kardashian has given to Vogue magazine, saying she 'gave birth in full make-up'.

And that reminded us of the story we wrote recently about the New York make-up artist (pictured, below), who put on her make-up between labour contractions.

Of course, we're not at all surprised that make-up mattered a lot to both these women while they was in labour (KK is the Queen of the Contouring Stick, after all!), but it has made us wonder what you lovely lot think you'll be doing make-up-wise when you give birth.

So we're asking you now!

Is it important to you that you have make-up on while you're in the delivery room?

Or does it not matter to you at all? 

We love to hear what you think – and why.

Please share your thoughts with us by adding a post to this thread. Thanks so much!

Replies

• For me everything else goes out the window when I am in labour as my mind is fully on giving birth, I don't care what I look like! 

• Make-up? Who cares! You are giving birth and no one is looking at your face.  I'm just trying to keep my legs shaved for the big event!!

• I want to look as good as I can but that may go out the window!! ill have my makeup for afterwards 100% look good feel good xx

• Having nails painted is a big no as the hospital staff will be checking nails for signs of vitals.

Face some people like made up for the post birth photos but labour can make you sweat & all of that sweat can affect your make up, personally I would wait until the 'freshen up' after the birth before applying