Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

labour and birth question first time mother?

im nearly 32 weeks pregnant (32 weeks on sunday) and i have a genetic an hereditary illness that causes tumours to grow on my skin , nerves etc and i have one on my spine.

lately the skin tumours have got sore due to my bump and everything stretching and apparently with the one on my spine being where it is and connected to my nerves causing numbness since before i was pregnant they have said there is limitations on what pain relief i can get. and i have been referred to an aneastatist to see what will happen. 

will i have to get induced as the back pain is getting worse or will it just be a plan of action ?

Replies

• Hi Toobeautiful, we're sorry you're suffering and while we can't advise you, we did want to ask have you spoken with your midwife or consultant about this? Do they class you as a high risk?

• they class me as low risk as BP is low and baby is healthy so hopefully that means everything will be ok xx

• Well that sounds really positive. You might want to ask at your next appointment which pain relief drugs will be available to you during the birth, just so you know ahead of time and you can be prepared.

• Hi I'm 38  weeks pregnant with my first baby I have 15 days to bog I just wanted to no what's the best way to deal with labour and how to cope I'm abit scared of going through birth as I really don't want to have stitches as they freek me out but if I do end up having them how long will it take to heal