Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Delivering Early

Hi, I'm currently 30 weeks 1 day (today). I'm a heart transplant patient and I'm worried if they deliver me now or anytime before 32 weeks, I'm hoping she will be okay? I know she may have to spend some time in hospital.  She also has a mild heart condition called pulmonary stenosis. They've also said a couple of times she's a little bigger than she should be for how far I am. Please give me your thoughts. Thanks in advance 

Replies

• I haven't been through what you are must be scary but sometimes the professionals do know what they are taking about scans aren't always exact my baby was measuring small for his age but he turned out to be the exact same weight as my first so measuring bigger must be better then smaller right? I think u need to talk to someone just say ur scared about the outcome if she's delivered early and make sure they explain everything they want to do

wishing you all the best for you and ur little bub docs work miracles these days

• Hey, thankeep you ever so much for replying to my post. I know the scans aren't 100% accurate. I'm back at the hospital next Wednesday for another growth scan and antenatal clinic and fingers crossed I have a section date. I'm hoping it's not long to be honest because I myself ain't feeling well at the moment but then I want her to be in for as long as possible to make sure she's going to be okay. I've been worried throughout my whole pregnancy since I found she had a mild hearto condition, but I guess it's better to know right. Anyways thanks for the reply. Take care :)