Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

10 days over due 4cm dilated!!!

So I'm pregnant with my 5th baby. My first two were prem (7 weeks early) and my last two were over due (41 weeks but went into labour naturally). All my births were natural vaginal births. 
Now with this 5th one I am 41+3 and I went to my midwife at 40+5, she examined me and said I was 4cm dilated with bulging membranes and she did a sweep and said I should have baby by shay Thursday night Friday's morning. She booked me in for induction for this Thursday and said ' I would be very surprised if you need it' not I'm still here pregnant so her theory wasn't correct and now I'm wondering how I'm 4cm with no further progression. I have had tightenings for the past two days that stop when I sleep at night, what if these are dilating me more without me knowing? Anyone else ever been in this position? I don't want induction but seem like I'm not making the progress that im supposed to.