Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

C section caused by doctor

hello i am 21 years old and have had a beaitiful baby boy 8 months ago...

i was Having contractions at home so head of to hospital and when i got i had a room and really wanted to push and push but midwives and doctors told me not to push as they wanted to transfer me to a different hospital as the one i was at they had a power cut off when i got there i had to go up stairs as lift wasnt working due to no electrity and inwas in so much pain i just wanted to push !! I had been at this hospital without power for more than 5 hours and they would not let me push at all i was in much pain ! They had to inject two injections to stop the contractions so that they could transfer me to bromley hospital !! When i got there i was not having no more contractons there for i was not delating no more the injections had stopped me from giving birth totally inwas so scared and i didnt know what to think ! I was there for more than 13 hours dor them then to tell me i was going to have a c section becuase baby was breech ! All lies baby was in right position i had been to doctors 1 week before birth !! That was the excuss they given me to do a section as the onjections stopped me from wanting to push and dailating !! I am now left with a horrible scar that i cannot even look at my self in the mirror no more i am just horrible i am going to gym but the belly hang wont move :( 😥😥😢😢 i am so upset and depresssed its unreal 

i went to check tummy tuck but they are so expensive incant afford it 

is there any chance that with my birth story i get tunmy tuck on nhs?? 😥😔talking about this just makes me want to cry and not get out the house as i feel everyone is looking at me 

Replies

• please someone give me their opinion and help me out 

• Ok first of all don't feel bad that you had a c-section to get your son out be proud the scar is there because of your beautiful son. 

I think you need to make a complaint to the hospital regarding what happened to you, so they can investigate.

also I think you need to speak to your gp about how you are feeling xx

• @emy0001 thank you for your reply hun xxx

yes i am proud of everything i would do it again if i had to for my little boy .

the fact is that i can't bare that the give me injections on my belly to stop contractions to transfer me because they had no power they should of said it straight away not keep me there for hours knowing the couldn't help . 

i want to have a tummy tuck as i am depressed i don't go  out the house ..... 

i just hate what my tummy is like i am only 21 .. with a belly hang enormous in which i was flat before i don't mean this meaning that i regret because i don't i love my boy i just feel down and i wanted to spend more outdoor time with my baby  and i just do feel like it .... i am 158 cm in height and 77 kilos this is just to much for my height ... tummy tuck is £8 grand i cannot afford it and just wondering if anyone know any about nhs doing tummy tuck as this was hospitals fault for sure ....... 

• I understand I feel a little worried for you that you say you don't want to leave the house and you feel depressed. That's why I think you should have a chat with your gp, would perhaps be better to see a younger female gp who might understand a bit more than a male, you know what men are like. 

With reguards the the hospital, I think a formal complaint is the way to go and insist it is investigated. The way you were treated sounds awful. They need to take it seriously and hopefully not treat anyone that way again xx