Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Birth

Hey everyone so I'm 38 weeks pregnant I have 15 days to go untill our baby is here :) 

im just a little scared about birth and how to cope with it 

Replies

• Hi AngleXXX, welcome to MadeForMums. We thought you might want to check out a couple of threads. 

The first is birth stories by all the new mums from our Due in July 16 Birth Club. 

Also, if you wanted to check out the Due in July 16 Birth Club, you'll find it here. 

The thought of birth can be really scary, but having been through it twice, it's not as bad as you think! 

• Thank you that's really help hearing other people's stories 

• Birth can be scary as it's something you've never been through before. I was lucky to have 2 very straight forward births but I think that it helped that I read a lot & trusted that my body knew what it was doing & tried to relax & focus more breathing through contractions. I know people have mixed feelings about them but for me I found that putting together a birth plan really helped me to think through what could happen at the different stages of my birth & how I wanted to deal with it. Hope everything goes smoothly for you