Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Looking down on csec moms

Ok.. so iv had three csections.. i know the amount of pain and phase of recovery iv been through with all three. During my first delivery i went through 18 hours of labor with a stubborn cervix with my doc trying almost everything which also includes shoving a huge scissors inside my vagina to pop my water bag and eventually had to settle for a csection since the babys heartbeat was falling and the cord was getting tight. 

With my second pregnancy i had pain around my stitches the entire time only to realise at 35 weeks that my stitches were looseningup inside and it was an emergency situation where i couldny even wait longer than a day and had to get cutup.

altho my third was after four years iv not only suffered from an irritable uterus but had tje toughest recovery after surgery

What i dont ever undestand is how some people simply look down on women who have been thro csec or have opted. I have had nasty people tell me that ohh uv never been through normal so you dont know the pain or something like.. u wudnt have been able to get through normal delivery. Howwww. Just how can anyone say that. I would never ever look down at anyone reg thier birthplan. At the end of it nothing is easy to bring a life to the world. Its painful and takes a lot. A mother loves her child irrespective. I hatee these people..

Replies

• Srsly. What would u tell someone who says that to u

• Hi I've never had a c-section I had 2 lovely natural births but I certainly don't look down on woman who choose a section or have to have one due to whatever circumstance. I personally don't know if I would have been able to cope after a section I'm not a person to sit relax and recover so I would probably have done more damage to myself by trying to do things earlier, however we give birth we are still mums and been through pain to bring our precious children into this world. I didn't breastfeed my children it was right for me breast is best they say so when I say I never did I get women look down their noses at me. I tell them we are all different I didn't have a problem getting my child to eat or take a bottle which alot of women struggle with after breastfeeding narrow minded people don't deserve us to explain ourselves we and doctors do what is best for us and our babies. Im pregnant with my 3rd and unsure whether to breastfeed this one or not also I've been told to have a home birth as I would probably not make it to the hospital my labours have been 1 hr and the 2nd 20 mins but it scares me more not having the medical help incase things go wrong. Your a brave strong woman and mother no matter how u gave birth 

• Hey Sadia

I go in for my first baby on 9th September. She will be born by a c section and I totally know where you are coming from!

The amount of people who have said is it really essential that you have a section? Or are you too posh to push? 

Ive literally lost count! To tell you the truth I'm having one due to a medical condition that can be passed on to baby if I have a vaginal birth but theres a low risk this would happen.. In my mind I've never wanted to take that risk. I mean I would not want her to have gone through what I have! I want her to have  clean bill of health and for me to guide her down a path to keep her safe.. 

So despite the longer recovery for me and the scarring, my little girl comes first no matter what the critics say 

Youve been so brave having three sections! Stuff what people think 😊

• wow i get were u are comeing from i had my son he was born on the 1st april i fort i would have him by myself i went into labour on the 29th i was 2cm i then was haveing full contractions by the 31st they started at 5am i was still 2cm gone  in the morrning i was due to go in at 9am to be put on a drip as i was to far along they had to bring my full labour on by this time my contractions had stopped i never ended up getting put on the drip till around 3.30pm that day as about 11am i had my waters broken she said to me walk around for 4 hours try to get this baby on the way by yourself so i did and nothing so i went up to be put on my drip i had an epidural due to the pain from being on a drip i was have full blown contractions i was thinking this is it hes going to be here soon i was then examined and still at 2cm but haveing full contractions i fort that was strange i just would not go past the 2cm stage i just went with the flow it got to around 11.40 just say not to sure was so high  and the midwife then said to me can u please lay on your left side as your babys heart rate is dropping then told me stay calm lots of doctors will be rushing in soon as they came i knew  i was going to have a  cesarean she checked me said i was 2cm still so i had to have the cesarean i got into the theatre they told me babys heart rate has gone back to normal i said to them do i still have to have a cesarean they said will will still do it as u are only 2cm gone u will be in labour for hours so i had it my son was born at 12.19am best feeling in the world all i can say is i dont think that that makes me any less of a mother because i never pushed my baby out it make me feel sick when others say u had it the easy way or u have not had the real experience because u never had natural birth all i can say is its not how u have your baby as long as he or she  gets here safe thats all that matters it dont make u more of a mum just because u pushed your baby out and when u are being rushed to have an emergency  cesarean its not like u even have a choice there are some very nasty people out there even if u plan to have a cesarean its your choice it's not a competition i dont let nothing like that get to me my son is here safe thats all that i care about all the nasty people that say things like that just see if they have to go for an emergency  cesarean 1day because there babys are at risk and then see if they think thats the easy way out. period....  

• Hey hun i dont listen to people like that. If it was an option tht u made thn up to u, if u had to have it cus of baby thn its not ur fault. I had an emergency csection with my little one and i know how u feel its was so painful and apparently i was nearly paralised. Its not nice having c section bcuz of all the stuff u gotta go though. but im 21 weeks preg now and i hope this baby turns in a way so i can try natural but if not i have no choice :( im just scared of having the epidural. Past experience makes me not want to have it.