Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

should i hav been induced

hi-after a very difficult frought pregnancy im now 37+1-i would love t hear some opinions on whats happened t me as i feel like ive been mistreated by my hospital-evrytime im pregnant from 30 weeks i hav dangerously high blood pressure which last time i wa pregnant was so bad my girl was delievered by induction at 36 weeks -she was 4 lb 10 as the bp had restricted her growth-they had tried me on medication t lower bp but i had reactions t the tablets that caused great distres t me and even perservering on the tablets didnt control bp in end-in this pregnancy same thing has happened-ive tried t tolerate al the tablets but nothin has worked- thing is technically pre eclampsia can come on in hours and can cause death at it most serious so they dont take chances-wel after numerous trips t hospita l-a couple of false alarms with early labour bleeding and constant v high bp they gave me a sweep at 36 weeks and promised t break my waters t induce at 37 weeks-so i went t hospital 3 days ago with this in mind that the bp was out of control-wel imagine my worry and dismay wen i got there with bp of 177/109 (extremely high) and feeling more ill than i cud ever of imagined and midwives saying its far t high etc wen my consultant comes t c me and says im sorry its bank holiday we wont help u for another six days !like a hospital ever shuts its doors even at xmas-i tried t argue my rights that i couldnt take the medicines and my husband could only be around a little t help as he s self employed -and that i was dizzy sick headachey flashin lights and two young kids t care for -he turned round and said thats the plan take it or leave it!he was forceful blunt didnt even listen despite fact the bp ,machine was stil reading my highest bp yet and he cud see i was poorly so i said so i just go home like in this state t hav mine and baby s lives at risk and he said yeh fine cos u wont take our medication!even tho on my records it showed i was intolerant t the meds- im sat at home today with bp so high i darent even breathe but apparently this is acceptable accoeding t my consultant-i want launch a complaint of negligence against the hospital and him as my baby is full term at 37+1 and her life is in danger as is mine-how do i do that and does anyone think i shud t try t stop this happening t another woman

Replies

• OMG that sounds horrendous!!! Is there no other hospital close that you can change?? Or can you go in again and see a different consultant? I would try your GP or midwife they may have some powers to admit you to be induced. IF your BP is skyhigh then something needs sorting IMO. I know I am no expert but if all the staff were saying something should be done then they surely should have done something. I hope everything turns out ok and you get in and delivered soon!! Keep us all posted!! x