Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

10 days over due and worrying!

hello I am currently 10days over due with my first child. I am booked in for induction when I'm 13days over due but these days seem to be going so slow I am  perrified of something not being right:( I had my last appointment on Monday baby was fine cervix is too far back but soft and stretchy, midwife said she couldn't bring it forward but she could feel it was soft and stretchy. Baby's head is mega low down constantly getting told that by midwifes and he's fully engadged. I can't stop worrying has anyone got any advice?!

Replies

• Hi Catlin4224, hang in there, you're so close to holding your baby in your arms! Also, you might want to post your question in the Due in October 16 birth club thread - we're sure some of the women in there will be able to advise you. 

• Hi Caitlin, 

Both my girls were overdue  (Eldest arrived 8 days overdue, Youngest was 7 days over). With my Eldest I started labour naturally but the little madam was just too comfortable, they had to break my waters in hospital at 8cm dilated & when that had no effect I was put on induction drip to get me fully dilated. She eventually arrived a fit & healthy 9lbs. 

Youngest had me in early labour for 10 days & kept engaging & disengaging. I had a sweep at 40+1 to help regulate contractions which got me into established labour, they had to break my waters again but this time it actually had an effect & she was out shortly after, 7lbs12 & feeding almost instantly. 

In short, your tummy house may just be too warm & cosy...try keeping yourself as upright as possible  (let gravity help coax them out)

• Well I guess they say a mothers instinct is never wrong, Friday morning my contractions started I was panicking so I went to the hospital I was only 2cm but they broke my waters due to reduced heart rate,shortly after I had my son by emergancy section! He's healthy and well but I guess that's why I had a bad feeling all along!