Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

What to expect at labour

how was your labour? Were you scared of it before? How did you prepare for the labour to get over it better?

My first baby so I am full with questions 

Replies

• I had a c section with my son as he turned around a week before and it was fantastic no pain and everything perfect and walking around and doing things 3hours later i have the choice of natural or section again this time I'm stuck cause the section was so good but at same time would like to try labour 🎀Xx

• What to expect at labour? Pretty much anything I'm afraid...

Eldest daughter - Contractions from 03:30, bloody show 07:30, spent 24hrs at home before I hit established labour & was finally admitted to delivery suite, I stopped dilating at 8cm so they tried breaking my waters, no change after 2hrs so I was placed on induction drip...49hrs of labour including 2hrs pushing  (they were about to call for assistance as I managed to push her out) & she was out at 9lbs. 

Next in 2011 had me in early labour for 10 days before I finally hit established labour, again I stopped dilating at 8cm so again they broke my waters but this time my body remembered & took over with contraction upon contraction...within half an hour she flew out with one push.

Tuesday 8th November 2016 & I am having diarrhoea & tightenings so make my way to triage, am violently sick half hour after arriving so get treated for possible infection. Tightenings ease off but just as I start thinking I might be going home they pick up an irratic heartbeat on the trace monitor so I am suddenly being rushed to theatre for an emergency c section...Twins were out 5 minutes later & I am still in neonatal with them now. 

Whatever plans you think you have, keep them flexible. Babies tend to have their own idea of how they want to be born 

• Hi kazzie, i enjoyed ur post. I hope my next goes well as my first didnt. But reading ur message made me a but excited. :) xx