Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Worried I won't make it to hospital in time

Hi ladies so quick background on myself I'm 36 weeks with my 3rd baby. I'm really worried I won't make it to hospital in time and here's why: my 1st baby was born in just over an hour and my second well I had him 20 mins after getting to the hospital in triage.the hospital sent me home at 3cm to progress at home. I was a 15 minute drive from the hospital as was at my mil so she could look after my eldest. I literally live a 10 minute walk from the hospital but I'm worried that if I go into labour while my mil and partner are at work and I have both kids I'm not going to get there in time and my 4 year old will be delivering his baby brother lol. I havent got any family support or many friends where I live. I don't want to worry my partner any more with my thoughts. I really don't want a home birth I like the care of a hospital incase things go wrong. Has anyone got any advice or had similar experiences I think I'm just after reassurance everyone tells me it will be fine but my imagination is running wild with scenarios and horror scenes thanks 

Replies

• Hi! I'm only pregnant with my first, so can't really offer any advice on last minute childcare arrangements when you do go in to labour, but didnt want to read and run either! 

I know you dont want to bother your husband with your thoughts, but I think it might be best to speak with him about this - 2 heads are better than 1 and all that! Maybe as your due date approaches you could let your husband and MIL know when you feel the first twinges, which would give you the most amount of time between then and starting the active labour pushing stage that has always been quick for you in the past (which Im already jealous of FYI!) 

Good luck! xx