Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Getting induced in 3 days

I am due on the 2nd of Feb but due to pelvic pains and countless nights in hospital I am getting induced on Friday, I have already had a sweep which didn't really do anything, I have already had a bloody show over a week ago since then nothing, I have no idea what to expect on Friday as both previous labours happened naturally, any tips or advice would be great 

Replies

• I had to be induced with baby number 2 .. I was two weeks early due to low fluid .. I when in on the 12th of March I had the pessary in at 12 by 10 o'clock that night I was in labour by 9 o'clock on the 13th of March they could break my water so was taken up to have my waters broken I had my little girl at 2.45 ..  they did say if the pessary didn't work in the 24 hours they would give me another if that didn't work I'd be but on the drip 

• I was induced with my 1st due to low blood platelets and high blood pressure which drs thought may have been help syndrome or pre eclampsia. I was taken in thur night for blood tests and so they could monitor meand then induced at 11am fri morning. By 00.57am i gave birth to my baby boy who was 6lb 3oz.