Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Cramps, braxton hicks or contractions?!

Hello everyone,  I started getting a period like cramp from 5am on Monday but it wasn't really painful and I didn't think much of it,  the next day early hours in the morning from about 2am I've been having what I would have thought are contractions but maybe they are braxton hicks because sometimes the come every 6-10 minutes sometimes I don't get one for nearly 20, but generally I get one or 2 every 10, they are painful,  some more than others.  

I haven't slept since 2am Wednesday and it's now Thursday 9am,  2 nights of barely any sleep and the hospital have said its probably not the real thing (it's my first baby)  and to wait it out until they are 4-5 minutes. 

I'm exhausted and this isn't even the real thing.  I've had baths,  taken paracetamol,  used my birth ball.  I just don't know what to do.  My midwife doesn't have clinic this week so I would have to go to the hospital but I don't want to waste their time and not sure what they can do for me. Feel like I'm being a baby but I either want this to turn into labour or go away.  

Has anyone had anything like this? 

Replies

• Sounds like fulse labour. OR its called 'lightening' which is baby shuffling down into where its meant to be for labour and yes it does hurt n uncomfortable. But im on my second baby now n i instantly noticed i was in labour with my first baby. U get lower back pain and like period cramp feeling in ur lower abdomen. I know ppl say this too often but u will just know when ur in labour. Xx