Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

C section the reality of it

Hya. 

Fed up of negative horror stories or pics putting off pregnant women who haven't experienced pregnancy and birth. So here is some positive news ladies.   Keep reading ok....

I saw a heading on here about the woman who posted her "raw" c section scar. 

It annoyed me because if bandaged up like that it's within the first 10 days that pic was taken. Of course it's gonna look gruesome and saw, it's major surgery at the end if the day. But the truth is it heals and it heals nicely. I was massive with my son. My bump measured 48cm at 36 weeks pregnant. I had a c section cos he was breach. It's ok. It's not that bad, yes the recovery is slow as it's sore for a good 2 weeks but the scar heals. Here is mine and it was like this after a year. Xxx hope this reassures u all xxx image

Replies

• That little smiley line..  That's it. That is all it is xxxx so ladies do not stress. Embrace pregnancy. My son is now 10 and I'm trying for number 2 and I will need a c section again due to abnormal womb position making my babies breach. This means my smiley little scar will be reopened and look "raw" for a little while. But I can deal with that because I know it will be back to normal before I know it xxx 

• Hi Susiegirlygirl, thank you SO much for taking the time to post your story and this pic - we think this is a wonderful thread you've started. 

• Awww thanks anytime xx so many pregantbwomen get told the horror stories and I think it's only fair they get the reality xx 

• image Ignore the line down the middle from my tights.. this is my scar.. my tattoos are slightly off but you literally can't see a scar.. 

haha i look very pale compared to you susie!!

had a lovely c section - was driving after two weeks - pushing the pram after a week.. felt so well.. my abs weren't what they were but then again I haven't got much time to make the effort!! 

i dont think anyone should fear a section - after all you're in the best place to have one and both of you get looked after.. 💖

• I agree ladies (will take a pic of my scar when I'm home) I was terrified of a section after hearing so many horror stories. I recovered really well after mine ans was driving within 2 weeks. Was sore for the first 3/5 days (but my friend had a vaginal birth and was also very sore for the first week) im almost 7 months on and my scar has healed really well. still have some numb patches ob my tummy and around it but nothing major /)

• Thanks for posting your section scar HH88 (loving your tatts!). We would love to see yours too Fee0806 - it's amazing seeing your pictures!

• And also a great positive of a c section is a down below stays tight hahah xxx so remember ladies just ignore the horror stories and focus on how amazing pregnancy and birth is xxx

• The only downside for me is that doing the deed now hurts like hell but I think that's more due to breastfeeding and I can't seem to give that up 🙈🙈

My section scar 🙈 Was up and waking anoutvthe same night pushing my pram 2/3 days later and doing normal day to day routines a week or two later. This was my third section aswell. i was terrified of being booked in and went into labour myself and ended with section.

my 1st 2 experiences were not very pleasent my 3rd was totally different. My husband was very much involved and we had a say and update during it and baby was handed straight to us which we never had with 1st two 🙈

My downside are my over hang hang now and the horrible sensation. I'm proud of my scar 😍

11 month old scar. It's barely noticeable now 😊 And very very low, you can see my knicker line far above it. Was an emergency section so not as neat as some but on the whole I'm fine with it. 

• Tiffyp, thank you so much for sharing your scar pic (so small!). Now we can't not mention your Harry Potter undies! ????

• I am loving the positivity of my post xxx great pics girls xxxx

• Got to have some nerdy pants 😉

• Yaaay SusieGirlyGirl! I love this post so much..

I do agree. I had an emergency section as my labour wasn't progressing and they found out very last minute I had StrepA and Sepsis.

I had my section on the 25thSeptember2016 at 21:15 and was up again on my feet by 1pm on the 26th (Much against advise haha) after a spinal blocker & even though I was extremely poorly!  I knew it was going to be sore but I also knew there was no point dwelling on it & I just had to get up and got on with it, deal with what was dealt my way kind of thing. I was careful, but didn't hold back and I do feel this is why I recovered well! Within 3 weeks I was out walking and enjoying my new born baby boy! This is my scar almost 6months on, I'm hella proud of it; after all it was major surgery and it brought my beauty in to this world!

All births are precious and unique! Go mumma's 🌟💙💝

• Look at them tats chlo! Looking good.. wish I had your belly 🤣🤣👍

• So in love with this thread! mine is exactly the same perfectly neat really nice to see some positiveity around x