Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Clary sage during pregnancy

I've been reading a lot over the last week about using Clary sage during pregnancy.  I am due tomorrow and expected this one to come early as my son was 3 weeks early....... silly me!!  They say no two are the same and this baby really is comfortable.  The head has been engaged for 6 weeks weeks now so i have been mentally prepared for a while getting to my due date and the thought of being induced scares me......... I want to use a birthing centre as opposed to the hospital and to be able to do that i need to go into labour naturally.

I've been eating pineapple, walking a few miles every day, having sex, hot curries, none of them have worked so far.  I am sick of hearing "baby will come when it is ready, but do you know what....... I think that is just the way it is.  my sister in law recommend I use Clary sage oil as she said she bathed in it and then went into labour.  I looked this up on the internet yesterday and read that a very effective way was to rub it in to your tummy, back and hips, 2 drops along with a base oil so i used my bio oil.  Within half an hour I started having contractions about every 10 minutes, we decided to walk to our local and have some lunch, whilst there I had quite a few strong ones so we thought we'd better head back...... anyway long story short those contractions started at about midday yesterday and continued untill about 7am this morning and now nothing :-(  So, that said, i think it does work, as in encouraging contractions, but I do believe that if your body is not ready to labour, as it would seem mine isn't, then it's not going to make you go into labour.

I have this morning added 5 drops to the bath in some milk, as recommended on the web and I'm having very mild contractions but again I'm not holding out much hope.

I am booked in for a sweep with the midwife tomorrow and I have made an appointment for the end of the week with an acupuncturist to see if that works.

I really don't like the idea of "trying" to get baby out if they're not ready, but I guess these natural remmedies are better then going into hospital to be induced with drugs!

I'm really hoping it doesn't get to that...... feel awful for sayingI feel fed up now, but I do!