Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Low-lying placenta and previous premature birth

hello any ladies have a low placenta and a history of premature birth? My last was a preemie and I'm high risk for another and at my last consultant appointment when she scanned my cervix she thought my placenta is low now I know this can move and my 20 week scan is in 2 weeks but reading up of it hasn't moved by 32 weeks then they re scan but I'm worried that's to late does any one have experience of this? What did they do?? Also I'm down for steroid injection at 32 weeks as my last labour started at 30 weeks ( they stopped it)  I'm also concerned it's leaving it a bit late too 🤔

Replies

• Hey puddy. I didn't want your post to go unanswered  – even though I'm afraid I don't know enough about low-lying placenta to be able to help you.

Hopefully, there's someone around here who may know more than me!

Good luck with your scan: really hope it's all sorted itself by then...

• Hi I had a low lying plac I'm my first pregnancy? Honostly i wouldn't worry about it. Low lying is differemt to it covrring the cervix that placenta previa and I will most probably move by the time ur 34 weeks 

• Thank you for your replies my biggest worry is not making it to 34 weeks 🤔 I'm just trying to prepare for the worst case

• Hi puddy, just saw this post. I have a nearly identical story to yours. I went to early labour at 32weeks and had my baby with a placental abruption. I am now 21weeks 2days and on my 20weeks scan low, anterior placenta found overlying the os. They also asked me book an other scan at 32weeks and I have the same worry like you, am I gonna make it that far?!?!  I am going to see the obstetrician tomorrow morning, will let you know what he said. I had some ladies reassurance that is a chance that it will move as you grow but to be honest I would have been happier for an earlier scan or two. How many weeks are you now?