Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Is it my waters

Hi just looking for some advice im 37 weeks and i used the loo for a pee so empyed my bladder then laid on top of my bed to watch netflix 15 minutes later i moved and felt wet as i felt my jeans there was a really wet patch when i have checked my pants they were very wet so i have showerd and put a pad on what do yous think im a bit embarrassed to call midwife ?

Replies

• Honey i think you should not worry about calling the midwife, and do it - sometimes when your waters break, it's NOT like you see on tv and there's a big gush -  i know this cause when i was pregnant, i also went to the loo, did a wee and when i was walking back i felt a little bit of water come out of me - turns out it was my waters breaking (I went into labour 2 days later) but because i hadn't realised what it was, i had to have antibiotics via an iv when giving birth. 

So please do phone your midwife, and tell her you're pretty sure your waters have broken. And good luck!!! 

• Thank u so much did ur waters keep trickling after im a complete newbie to waters had to have them broke last time around x

• A little bit, but not for long at all - i just felt wet, and i knew i wasn't peeing myself, but i didn't figure all of this out until i was in hosp in labour - it was only once they asked 'when did your waters break' that we figured out my waters had broken, two days earlier! So please do give them a call - also with my second, my waters didn't break at all - had to have them broken too like you! 

• Thank u so much think i will arrange sitting for my daughter and call incase they ask me to go in x

• Ree how did you get on? Is this another of our may babies arriving early?? I'm just home from triage too (not waters or baby related but silly gp lol). 

My waters went with a pop and a flood last time so not much help but if you had already emptied bladder it sounds promising? 

Xx

• Just home myself it wasent my waters but very thankfull dident relise how unorganized i really am made it hit home as they were talking about induction within 24 hours but babys fine and im just very sore of spectrum forgot how horrable they hope ur ok x

• Aw well least now you can get yourself organised knowing it won't be long! I'm fine also didn't like spectrum! Why do they go in fine but hurt coming out??! Nasty. They think I have thrush and a uti. Glamorous time bed pregnant lol. Glad your ok xx

• Yes glamourus u made me giggle i really thought i was organised ow well will have to be did they tell u if u was dilating or anythink was up all night really sore they tested me for thrush have 2 wait for results lady was lovely but so never made me feel silly x

• They didn't go as far as my cervix cos they were worried it would start things if cervix was already tender with the thrush. But said baby was now in perfect position. And engaged which 2nd pregnancy doesn't usually happen until labour. So I left terrified to insert pessary incase I triggered anything! The pessary has made me much more tender inside though so must be doing something!!

Suppose we both better get organised 😂 if this had been my 1st pregnancy I think my child would be an only child. 1st pregnancy was a breeze compared to this one lol. Just want to meet the little trouble maker now but preferably another week at least 😂 my MW at last apppintment told me to go 4 weeks between appointments but if she had seen me on Wed like originally planned I could probably have saved myself a Saturday night in triage! Don't see her until may now! Xx

• She never said anythink about me so i assumed i hadent then somebody said u are allways 1cm after u have given birth before dont no how true that is i think my little miss keeps coming in and out some days i litrally feel like there is a ball there but then i get a day ease so i havent a clue and i totally agree with that 1 Natalie last time was a walk in the park 2 this time if i did not find gender out i would have defanatly though boy x