Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Help! What's this feeling?

Hi!

This is my first pregnancy and I'm currently 36+2. I had to go for a growth scan on Monday and they told me after it that she's average size for 36 weeks but I could expect early labour as it seems like she's wanting out. The midwife also told me to try some self induction methods so last night my partner and I had sex and I've been squatting, lunging and performing a kind of acupuncture on myself.

Today I have felt absolutely fine, better than usual actually until this evening. I suddenly felt very strange but I can't quite describe how it was that I felt. It was like everything was really heavy (my legs and hips in particular) a little bit of dizziness, I was struggling to breathe easy - or for some reason felt the need to breathe really deep and slow as if I was breathing through pain. There wasn't any pain but I was very uncomfortable. I also felt really sick, like if I tried to be sick I would be and then about half an hour later I vomited but it was just stomach acid. I now feel fine again.

Is this going to turn into labour? Should I contact my midwife? What's happening to me?!

Many thanks in advance!

Replies

• It could be you have overdone things.

It could be early labour. 

It could be an infection. 

If you haven't already done so by now, talk to your MW about your symptoms  (they want to check on you both)

• Thank you :) 

I was thinking early labour and also kind of hoping for it - I know that's bad please don't rant at me! I'm just so so ready for her to come now!