Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Early labour??

Hi, I'm currently 38 +4 with my first baby. MW said baby is fully engaged and yesterday evening I started getting mild back ache. Today, the back pain has gotten a lot stronger, it's not too painful but is uncomfortable, i also keep getting mild period like cramps too. My waters haven't broken and I don't think I've lost my plug yet. Could the back  he be the start of labour?? Thank you! 

Replies

• It could be braxton hicks does the pain go when you change position 

trust me you will know when it's labour pains there so intense you can't mistake them 

• It could be with my 1st I had back pain for a couple of days before I had her

• Hey, I'm 38+6 with 2nd. I've had back pains and increasing BH over last week. Baby was 4/5 engaged last week and she thought I was in early labour but still nothing. With my 1st I labored in my back so it is possible things are gearing up to start for you! I lost my plug hours prior to active labour then my waters went with a gush after hours of contractions. Some people don't lose either until delivery so it's hard to tell for sure. Download an app to count the pains and see if they become more regular and last longer.

Good luck xx

• Hi Mummytobe37658, we just wondered how you're doing and if your baby made an early appearance?