Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth

Help help help...

So I lost my mucus plug last Friday, yesterday started having irregular contractions at 5pm between 4-10mins apart lasting around 30 seconds each moderately painful. I called labour ward who advised not to go in until I was 3-4mins apart and lasting 45seconds. The contractions continued on until 1am at which point I was so tired I thought I would try and sleep. Fell asleep around 2am and contractions slowed down. Since then I have only had about 8 all day very mild. Has this happened to anyone else? When did you go into labour? This is my second DD.

Replies

• I had that with my third n forth hunni. I was contracting quite painfully from 35 weeks n 5 hospital stays to be told every time nope its just false labour. Had a swab done n water infection and uti was given antibiotics. Also they told me i had an irritable uterus which makes the contractions feel so much worse. I was in agony each time i got them n id lost my plug too so was convinced he would be born early. Was given co-codamol and sent home each time which does help if its not real labour very well.

Baby was born at 40weeks n on his due date date via hormone drip.

Good luck. If ur really worried keep calling the hospital n speak to your midwife