Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Positive ffn

so im currently being shipped a ridiculous amount of miles away from home because I've had cramps and a positive ffn test and my hospital can't take care of ones this little. Any one had the positive test before??

Replies

• Sorry to hear that Puddy! 

I started having contractions at 26 weeks with my son & it took a few days in hospital and lots of meds (turbutaline, procardi & even sedatives to stop the baby being so active!) before the docs got it under control. I had the FFN test & thankfully mine was negative. The doc told me that if ou have a positive FFN test then its most likely you will deliver within a week. 

How far along are you? Have they given you steroids for the babies lungs? They did that for me as a precaution. 

• HI yeah I've had steroids and I've been told if I've not gone into labour by Thursday I'm free! I think from what they say is that negative is negative but positive is more wishy washy 

• Fingers crossed for you! 

• I had it at 29wks with my twins but fortunately it came back as negative. I then wound up with an emergency section at 35wks (though not necessarily related, they thought I may have sepsis as I was vomiting up a lot alongside random contractions).

Whatever happens from here they have already begun taking the steps towards helping both you & baby by providing the steroid injection. If baby doesn't show then you will go home & be told to take things easy. If baby does show then they will be able to deliver baby straight to NICU for the very best of care. While this can seem frightening I can assure you that every member of staff in NICU will be there to support your whole family (even if that means cuddles, bringing you a cuppa or drying away tears...), you truly are in good hands. Best wishes. X

• Thank you! I'm back home now and just past 27 weeks so our local hospital now has the ability to care for her if she was born (depending on space I guess) I've not had any cramps since Sunda. My last baby was born at 34 weeks so I've have a idea of how nicu works ect I feel like im a time bomb now though!

• Good news!