Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Waters gone but hospital giving me mixed msgs

Hi ladies, due tomorrow with ds no4. My waters went at midnight last night (never had waters break naturally so was strange) no contractions at all so thought i may have peed myself... however pads are clear liquid n slighty shiny no gush just trickling. Called hospital at 1am and told to call back at 8am if nothings happened ie naturally starting contractions. Having an irritable uterus its hard to distinguish the real thing (been in hospital 5 times in last month to be told false labor) anyway, was told if by 8am nothing they will ask me in n start me off... nothing happened, few niggling pains bit of pressure here and there, so phoned at 8am and was put through to 5 different people then finally to the 1st dept i called to be told "oh were not going to invite you in if ur contracting" i explained i have an i.u and they said "well you can go 72hrs before you need to come in. If you werent contracting we would have you in to MAC then started off. See how you go"

So im stuck here in limbo as i know im not contracting but i dont want to call back and say all has stopped n them think im a liar. 

With my last pregnancy i had my waters broke for me but then contractions stopped dead n i had to be put on hormone drip to deliver. I dont know if its happening again

I am so lost so advice would be great