Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

Home births: what do you think of them?

I am currently 32weeks pregnant with my third child. Was wondering what everyone's views are on home births. My first two pregnancies were straight forward and quick. Hospitals scare the life out of me and I don't like the thought of being stuck in hospital without my husband or other children for too long. I am deciding on a home birth this time as I feel I would be more relaxed and comfortable in my home. Has anyone done the same and really enjoyed the experience and intimacy of it being in your own surroundings.

Replies

• Hi Mumto3soon. I had a homebirth with my 2nd baby and it was so much nicer than my hospital birth. I was definitely more relaxed and being able to get straight onto my own sofa was bliss. I would definitely recommend it and hope to have one again with this baby (my 3rd).

• Thank you for replying and giving me an insight into a home birth. I have a check up with the midwife tomorrow and will definitely be discussing having a home birth as both my visits to the hospital with my other two were far from relaxing and enjoyable. Hope all goes well with your third