Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.

My 4th c-section!

Hi everyone, 

ive just given birth to my first little baby girl Dottie, in which I am over the moon as I have 3 boys and was dying for a girl and now finally have her and just in time for Christmas aswell she was born in 20/12/2017 weighed 5lb 13oz she is very tiny. But if anyone else has had the same as me I would like to ask a question. As they tell you that you shouldn’t have more than 3 sections in your life and having a 4th is not ideal, I can understand that but what I wanted to know is how long after having your 4th Caesarean section do you have to wait before you can conceive again?? As this is my 4th but my new partners 1st child and I would like him to have 1 of each, but he won’t agree as he thinks even years from now if I got pregnant again that it will kill me in the theatre table as I do sometimes have abit of trouble with the anaesthetic. This surgery was actually a lot better than my last 3 but afterwards my scar has come completely open and also have a heamatoma  they said it was ok and that I could come home as I know how to dress wounds they was ok with it. But does that mean it will be even longer than usual for me to conceive compared to others because of this happening or does it not make a difference?? 

Many info would be great fully appreciated. 

Thabk You.