Forum home Pregnancy Labour & birth
🚨 Advance warning 🚨 This forum will be closing on 1st May – please see our pinned thread for more information.
Options

Birth choices appointment

ive an appointment with birth choices next week. Wondering what to expect.. I've been referred to them as I don't no if I should have the elective section there offering me, as I had a vaginal delivery with my little girl but ended up in with 3b tear And difficult recovery..

Replies

• Options

I'm late to this so I guess it's already been and gone so I hope it was ok. Typically, this is also known as a 'Mode of Birth' appointment and it's to discuss what's the best option for you in terms of birth taking into account your previous birth history and any risk factors for this current pregnancy. Some trusts prefer you to go for vaginal again but that carries risks as does an ELCS.

I hope you felt thet gave you all the info you needed to make an informed choice & you're happy with what you've decided.

For what it's worth, I had an emergency CS last time and, while it was a bit scary, it was quite a positive experience overall with a good recovery. I'm planning a VBAC in this pregnancy though for other reasons though and am safe in the knowledge that, if another EMCS is needed, I can cope with that.